So after a rather delicious breakfast round at Soi on Greta point yesterday we dropped d of at the airport to fly back home to Melbourne. I couldn’t manage to organise myself in time to go with – I need to know about flights a couple of weeks in advance so that it will gradually sink in and I can plan. Flying, no matter how often I do it, way stresses me out. So I opted for heading back w Tui on my own this time, in another week or so – go figure how this will be less stressful, but somehow it won out!
I will be sad to leave some of my bestest friends behind when I go, yummy Nz cheese, good strong New Zealand coffee and my newest favorite restaurant Ortega. I won’t miss the wind, or how all the sand in the sandpit somehow ends up in my bed every night.
However, I have very good things planned for this year! :
- I get to start back at Aerial class at NICA on the 7th, sore muscles and all.
- I’m looking forward to moving to a new apartment by the end of Feb, I’m hoping I get my way and that we will move across town to Fitzroy / Collingwood sort of area…. So much closer to all the really interesting small galleries and a happening area for Melbourne’s ever-changing street art.
- Hmmmm. Is it sad to say I’ve been missing my walks around the domain? I’m looking forward to making this part of my daily routine again… Though I suspect I may be needing new shoes…
- I don’t really do NY resolutions, but the one thing I have decided to make more of an effort in is to get to more exhibition openings this year and to try to be more active in Melbourne’s amazing art scene – Win for all the exhibition openings that fall on Friday nights too!
- Would love to add a printing workshop to one of my evenings every week, though this may have to be a bit later on in the year. I really enjoy printmaking, but its a bit hard to keep up with w/out owning your own press. I’m really hoping I might find an option for screen printing… So frustrating knowing I have silk screens packed up in boxes back in Nz just sitting there not being used. Grrr
- And I can’t wait to check out the NGVSTUDIO at Fed square. The space will be something new for the NGV – And Everfresh will be painting inside the atrium while renovations take place. Their wall will be up for a month and then another crew will come in and paint… Kind of like a city laneway but in a national gallery, if that makes sense! Phibs, Rone, Makatron, Wonderlust, Meggs and special guest Miso will be involved in the live paint from Sunday the 23rd – Tue 25th Jan – THATS NOW! – You can go check out their progress in person if you are in Melbz. Its located at the corner of the Atrium and adjacent to NGV Kids Corner in Federation Square. Or here online on the Everfresh blog : http://www.everfreshstudio.com/blog/
What are you looking forward to this year?