I like the last Fearsome friends record so much I thought I’d have another go :
This one however, is done using a different method. Where I painted directly onto the last record, using a base layer of acrylic before adding the gouache and resin topcoat; This one is painted on 245gsm Stonehenge print paper. I then cut out the image – And all the little blank spaces between the tentacles, and applied it onto the record. I still need to add the resin to give it a high gloss finish.
This is the method I used when creating my skate decks, trading in the vintage paper for 30″ Vinyl record as support. Its meant I can add more detail than painting directly onto the record – Which offers no absorption, resulting in bleeding or cracking and flaking with the gouache once dry if you add too many layers.
Will post up the finished result when the poured resin is dry.